ADA Attorney Sacramento | Employment Law Attorney Sacramento
About Corfee Stone & Associates
Breaking NewsProminent ADA Attorney Sued By
Scott Johnson Sued for Sexual
CORFEE STONE & ASSOCIATES (CSA) is the leading law firm in Northern California that exclusively practices 3 niche areas of the law:
- ADA Access/Civil Unruh Act/Disabled Persons Act (Defense Only)
- Employment Law (Defense/Plaintiff)
- Fair Housing Law (Defense/Plaintiff)
Our firm exclusively practices civil rights litigation, and offers pre-lawsuit advice to potentially prevent a lawsuit. Ms. Catherine Corfee has had significant achievement in the field of law. She previously worked as a staff attorney at the United States District Court Eastern District of California for two U.S. Magistrate Judges. There, she helped research and write the Court’s orders and decisions, which gave her a bird’s eye view for how the Federal courts handle litigation. She graduated with distinction from McGeorge School of Law, served on the McGeorge School of Law Journal as a Legislative Staff Review Writer, was a member of the Traynor Honor Society (high grades), and received an Am Jur Award (highest grade in a class). Prior to that, Ms. Corfee attended and graduated from U.C. Berkley. Ms. Corfee made new law in the area of ADA access with many of her cases being published, especially Pickern v. Best Western Timber Cove Lodge Marina, 194. F.Supp2d 1128, (E.D. Cal. 2002), which was followed by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in Doug Wander v. Jack S. Kaus Irene B. Kaus, 304 F.3d 856 (9th Cir. 2002) (citing Pickern v. Best Western Timber Cove Lodge Marina).
- ADA Access Law – We perform ADA/Title 24 site surveys and provide our recommendations in confidential reports which include solutions, alternative solutions, your defenses, a legal analysis of law with respect to your legal exposure and/or of your lawsuit in particular. Our expertise and experience involves Federal and California state law regarding reasonable accommodations, barrier removal, the readily achievable standard, the alteration standard and new construction. We help find you vendors, products and/or equipment and recommend strategies. For More information see Corfee Stone’s Blog.
- Employment Law - We limit our practice to civil rights litigation and proactive advice with respect to all facets of employment law, including but not limited to wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, drug & alcohol testing, trade secret agreements, family leave, pregnancy law, public policy, etc. Corfee Stone investigates sexual harassment claims, conducts audits and helps you set up your company with handbooks, proper payment methods, classifying employees, having the correct posted notices, and so forth.
- Fair Housing Law – Corfee Stone defends housing accommodations against claims of failure to reasonably accommodate disabled applicants and/or residents. We also handle matters on both sides (plaintiffs and defendants) with respect to discrimination, harassment, evictions, landlord/tenant matters, etc. The firm had deal with “testers” trying to test housing accommodations for disability discrimination and whether or not they fail to reasonably accommodate and/or provide the same amentities. We have defended Apartments, Condominium Associations, Timeshares, business-lease arrangements, and other similar housing entities.
Corfee Stone & Associates handles complex litigation, Federal and State court cases, Administrative Hearings (EDD, DFEH, Labor Code Sec. 132a/Workers’ Compensation, Labor Board), class actions, appeals and writs of mandates in our three areas of practices. It is our passion and dedication to your victory and resolution lends some sense of security in a litigious society where everything is but calming.
For the employer who needs advice? Corfee Stone helps new and existing employers with work issues. Clients often call us for advice regarding all facets of employment law. We help properly classify your employees as salary (exempt from over time), hourly (non-exempt entitled to overtime) and/or independent contractors. Misclassifying workers can expose employers to significant penalties if they are audited by the EDD (Employment Development Department) and/or face an expensive lawsuit. We prepare and/or revise handbooks, and help employers get started. More importantly, when issues arise, our clients contact us for advice on the spot when the issue arises. We offer flat negotiated rates per month and/or we are hourly. Contact Ms. Corfee for further questions. 916-487-5441.
For the employee who needs advice? Corfee Stone occasionally represents employees who have been wrongfully terminated, discriminated against, not been paid fairly and/or harassed. We have helped many employees who were not paid correctly under Federal and California State wage and hour laws, as well as being denied jobs or the continuation of jobs based on retaliation. We do not always sue and many employees want to keep their employment so we try to assist in a win-win resolution. Contact Catherine Corfee at 916-487-5441.